Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Passenger

My amazing friend Amy called me on a Sunday morning, May 25st and told me that Mike, also known as Passenger was giving a surprise act in Amsterdam, at Vondelpark. It was at a freaking park, for free! And yes, I freaked out and I immediately came! I was so happy that I didn't had plans!

So I arrived, but of course I couldn't find the place where he was playing, because the park was really big, and I don't come there often. But a few minutes later I found it! And found Amy, so we were waiting till he came. He also arrived, and he was just standing there talking to people, and we all could see him. Some girls where walking to him and he took pictures with them. So I also walked to him, and I took a picture with him and talked for a few minutes with him. He is very sweet, and down to earth. He gives the time for his fans, and I think that's lovely as an artist!

After  that he did a soundcheck, which was also amazing to see. Never saw a soundcheck, to be honest. He said that it maybe sounded really bad, because it was a soundcheck, but to me it sounded so good! I don't know why he said it sounded bad. Maybe he has more experience with it. Oh well, the soundcheck was around 20 minutes I think, and then he said he is gonna play the real show at 3o'clock, we still had to wait a another hour.

Finally, it was 3 o'clock and Passenger came on stage and sang some of his songs! He was so funny, he talked to some people who were standing infront of him, and sang the most beautiful songs ever! He writes such good music, and he only sings it with his guitar. While he was singing a song, he suddenly sang another song, and it was dutch. He was singing a dutch song! I was so surprised, really I didn't accepted at all!

The show was so amazing, and Passenger really has talent! If you don't know him, you should look him up!
He has a new album 'whispers' so buy it if you like his music, you won't regret it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment